Commercial Property Insurance in Greenville and Simpsonville, SC
You work hard every day to make sure that your business stays up and running. From assisting customers and offering services to providing employees with jobs, your business is a powerhouse of activity. That is why it’s important to have the right insurance policy to cover your business. Accidents happen and the last thing you want as a business owner is to experience being out of commission and under the wrong policy for your needs.
When you work with our agents at The Smith Insurance Agency, you can rest easy knowing that they will listen to your specific needs to build a custom policy to keep your business protected from minor accidents or even major financial loss. Your place of business is more than just a location and the items within it. We understand that it is also a space for your employees to come in and work with the peace of mind that their workspace is covered from peril.
What Does Commercial Property Insurance Cover?
Securing commercial property insurance through The Smith Insurance Agency means that your company can have the ability to bounce back if things go wrong. We offer several forms of coverage to suit all kinds of situations for our clients in Greenville, Simpsonville, Taylors and all surrounding communities. Our agents can help you create a policy that keeps your small-to-medium-size business insured from top to bottom by covering such items as:
- All office equipment including computers, phone systems and furniture (whether owned or leased)
- Accounting records and other important company documents
- The building your business is housed in (whether owned or rented)
- Manufacturing or processing equipment
- Exterior items such as fences, signs and satellite dishes
Additional Business Protection
In some cases, your business can save more by combining your Commercial Property Insurance with a Commercial General Liability policy. Other items that are typically found in a Commercial Property Insurance policy includes Builder’s Risk insurance and Equipment Breakdown coverage. Builder’s Risk protects materials or equipment from damage or loss sustained during construction or remodeling, while Equipment Breakdown, or Boiler and Machinery, keeps any electrical, electronic, or pressurized equipment on your premises insured from breakdowns or loss. To find out more about combining coverages, contact The Smith Insurance Agency today.
What is the Cost of Commercial Property Insurance?
Determining your policy premium will largely depend on several factors. The most important factor will be the value of all your business assets. Other factors considered when determining your risk for a Commercial Property Insurance policy include:
- Location: Are you in an area more prone to storms or other natural disasters? Is your building in a city or town with excellent fire protection or are you in a rural area with limited fire protection?
- Construction: When was your building constructed? Was it constructed using fire-resistant materials? Does the building have new or upgraded electrical wiring? What about plumbing and HVAC?
- Occupancy: Are you in your own stand-alone building or do you share a building with multiple tenants? What type of industry are you in? An office building carries less risk than a restaurant.
- Fire & Theft Protection: How close is the nearest fire station? Is a fire hydrant located close to your building? Do you have a fire alarm and sprinkler system? Does your business have a security system?
Find the Proper Policy for Your Business
Commercial Property Insurance can be a complex and comprehensive form of coverage for a business. Every operation is different. For a full review of your business' needs, request a free quote from The Smith Insurance Agency today. Don’t let the unexpected devastate your livelihood. Let us be your partner in securing your business’ future.